Braid My Hair … Come on and braid my hair?

Recently one of us ran into a FiNNNNe young man… good looking… nice body… great smile… positive attitude… but there was just one thing lurking under his fitted cap:


BRAIDSSSSSSSSSSSS

So our question is just how old is too old for dudes to have braids? Its 2009 and we find it a tad strange that older gentlemen (and by that we mean any man over 25) are still rocking braids.
Ladies, would u date men with braids? Personally we’d be a tad put off (by the maintenance required and the out-dated styles) but if he meets all other criteria we might just give it a chance. And to the men, are you considering growing ur hair out for braids? Are there any men with corporate level positions with braids? Or can most be found with blue-collar jobs or in the entertainment industry? Can braids be pulled off even if ur older but possess a certain swag i.e. Snoop Dogg?
Now please help us decide... Should dude get a chance? Please entertain us and leave ur thoughts, feelings, and feedback in the comment box.
In the meanwhile here are some reasons why u shouldn't have braids:

*if u have a receding or unstable hairline
*if u have any bald spots …specifically a huge one in the center of ur head
*if u have grandchildren who are also sporting braids GIVE EM UP
*if u wear a suit to work
*if ur hair is thinning there’s so much space that the next braid is a whole town away
*if ur hair is gray

If you can check yes for any of these statements then braids are not for you.
Feel free to add ur own tips :)
Signing off,
Milli Vanilli


2 comments:

  Anonymous

August 25, 2009 at 2:03 PM

braids are definitely a no go for men over 19! I cant take it! arent braids the pre-requisite to dreads anywho? so what are you waiting for guys pictured in the post? I promise you will get more tail without them. For example, I used to not like trey songz( dont kill me yall) those braids made him look young however, now that the braid are gone, I over looked his weight problem and actually went to buy some new bras AND panties just in case I ran into him. So come on guys, lose the braids and I'll let you knock it down!

~Jihan

  Anonymous

August 26, 2009 at 3:19 PM

Awww Suckey Duckey! It's about time my black a** got on this lil tweedie tweet blog chat thing...
Now 1st n foremost, I'ma say it better had been Milli and not Vanilli who seen dis FINNEEE man wit braids, causs I'll cut a b*tch!

LOL, but nah seriously, braids are definitely dated.. I think I set the bar when I cut mine off around 04.. Shortly after that is when the true wave began and it was no longer cool anymore.. It's just too juvenile for the juveniles nowadays and you really don't see anyone rockin em anymore.. They're like L.A. Gears or something..

And to Ms. "Anonymous", you'd let Mickey D's manager hit, so why not a dude wit braids??! HAHA

Signin owt,
Double M aka Yung Munie aka MR.I ain't drunk yet AKA We don't talk about it... WE DOES THANGS! Kno Dat LoL